Allen Willner is an award winning lighting designer for theater, dance, opera & musical productions.
Awards and nominations
- Isadora Duncan Dance Award for the lighting design of inkBoat’s Line Between 2011 and Heaven’s Radio 2004
- Isadora Duncan Dance Award Nominations for Visual Designs of Erika Chong Shuch’s 51802, inkBoat’s Cockroach and Deborah Slater's Private Life
- 2013 TBA Award Lighting Design Nomination for Theater of Yugen's This Lingering Life
- 2012 Broadway World Lighting and Set Design Nomination for Symmetry Theater’s Patience Worth
- 2010 Bay Area Critics Circle Lighting Design Nomination for Shotgun Players God’s Ear
- Lighting Artists in Dance Award for inkBoat’s Line Between, Erika Chong Shuch’s Sitting in a Circle and Laura Arrington & Jesse Hewitt’s Adult
Collaborators include: The Erika Chong Shuch Performance Project, Shinichi Iova Koga and inkBoat, Rinde Eckert, Axis Dance Company, Kitka, Michael John Garces, Aaron Davidman, Anne Kaufman, Joanna Haigood and Zaccho Dance Company, Scott Wells and Dancers, The Jewish Theater, Gamelan Sekar Jaya, Intersection for the Arts, Kate Weare, Deborah Slater Dance Theater, ODC Dance, The Rova Saxophone Quartet, The Lorraine Hansberry Theater, Z-Space, Margo Hall and Marcus Shelby, Dan Wolf, Carla Kihlstedt, The Douglas Morrison Theater, Gamelan Sekar Jaya, Wayne Vitale, The Shotgun Players, Anne Bleuthenthal and Nanos Operetta.
Links to a few of Allen's collaborators (click to be transported to their kingdoms):